- Using your knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructure including chain modules, packet flow and kernel tables, perform debugs on firewall processes.
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server using your understanding of the differences between backups, snapshots, and upgrade-exports.
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management Server using a database migration.
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered
Advanced User Management
- Using an external user database such as LDAP, configure SmartDirectory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network.
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for Remote Access or across a VPN.
- Troubleshoot user access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness.
Advanced Clustering and Acceleration
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment on an enterprise network.
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL High Availability deployment on an enterprise network.
- Build, test and troubleshoot a management HA deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration solutions on the corporate network traffic to ensure noted performance enhancement on the firewall.
Advanced IPsec VPN and Remote Access
- Using your knowledge of fundamental VPN tunnel concepts, troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based VPN on a corporate gateway using IKEView, VPN log files and command-line debug tools.
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and Multiple Entry Point solutions.
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels to allow for greater monitoring and scalability with multiple tunnels defined in a community including other VPN providers.
SmartReporting and SmartEvent
- Create Events or use existing event definitions to generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporting and SmartEvent in order to provide industry compliance information to management.
- Using your knowledge of SmartEvent architecture and module communication, troubleshoot report generation given command-line tools and debug-file information.