The following modules will be covered:
- Defining a project:
- Explore the types of people involved and their roles.
- Learn the phases of a project (life-cycle) and what is required for each.
- Developing the Plan:
- Learn how to complete a Charter; set up Issues Lists, a Lesson-learnt List, how to assemble a team.
- Developing, managing Milestones and Deliverables.
- Developing Work Breakdown Structures
- Overall Change Control:
- Managing changes that occur during the project process.
- Project Scope Management:
- Discover how to set an appropriate target
- Learn how to recognise the different types of customers and to define their needs
- Managing the Team:
- Learn the skills required to manage project teams
- Know how to work as a Team Member
- Applying the Project Planning Tools:
- Using templates and other various planning tools
- Using PERT and probability calculations
- Cost Management:
- Learn how to estimate costs and create a spending estimate
- Develop a project budget
- Managing Risk
- Identifying and Managing problems, constraints and risks that may occur and prevent them from occurring.
- Planning for Contigencies
- Tracking the Project
- Monitoring the progress; identifying risks that were not anticipated
- Closing Out the Project
- Evaluating customer satisfaction and assembling the Close-out report.
Who will benefit
Anyone involved in Project Managment and involved in teams where decisions need to be actioned.